Q. How many times can I renew an item?
San Jose Public Library Patrons: Most books can be renewed 3 times; each renewal will be for 3 weeks. However, if an item has hold requests (others waiting), then you will not be able to renew. Non-Fiction DVDs can be renewed, again if there are no requests. Please see the full list of renewal limits.
San Jose State Patrons: Loan periods and renewals of SJSU materials are as follows:
- Undergraduate students: 16 weeks from date of checkout, no renewals
- Graduate students: 16 weeks from date of checkout, 5 renewals
- Faculty & Staff: 1 year from date of checkout, 10 renewals
- San Jose Public Library patrons: 3 weeks from date of checkout, 3 renewals
See Borrow, Renew, Return for more information.
San Jose Public Library
- Chat with a Librarian
- Find a Branch Library
- Chat with a Tutor
- 5forU - Reading Recommendations
- Suggest Materials to Buy
- Dept. & Branch Managers
- SJPL Library Account
San Jose State University Library