Q. How do I get access to SciFinder?
SciFinder is a powerful chemistry database that provides access to Chemical Abstracts. Access to this database is restricted to current SJSU faculty, staff, and students only.
1. To use this database, you must first register for a SciFinder account. You must register for an account with a SJSU email address (valid addresses have the .sjsu.edu suffix). The SciFinder registration link is available at the SJSU passwords page.
2. After you sign onto that page, click on the SciFinder registration link. You will register with your .sjsu.edu email address. Your SJSU email account will be sent a verification link; you must click on that link to validate and complete your SciFinder registration.
Steps 1-2 are only required when initially registering for a SciFinder account. After you have registered for an account, you can directly proceed to Step 3 to access this resource.
3. Navigate to SciFinder. Log in using the username and password that you had chosen during the registration process.
San José Public Library (SJPL)
- Chat with Us
( Español | Tiếng Việt | 中文 )
- Find a Branch Library
- Chat with a Tutor
- 5forU — Reading Recommendations
- Suggest Materials to Buy
- Department & Branch Managers
- SJPL Library Account
San José State Library (SJSU)