Q. Why did I receive a notice from the library?
Library Notices may include:
· Courtesy notice: A reminder is sent out prior to an items due date. You may phone 1-408-808-2665 to renew or you can renew online. For additional assistance please call 1-408-808-2000.
· Overdue notice: Your items are overdue.
· Hold notice: Your item is ready for pickup.
· Recall notice: The due date has been shortened and item must be returned for another patron. Recalled items and entertainment DVDs may not be renewed.
· Billing notice: Library fines have been applied to your library account.
· Interlibrary loan material renewals are sometimes available. You can handle these renewals online through your ILLiad account
If you have not been receiving your notices, please log onto your library account to verify that your email address and phone number are correct. If the information on your account is not correct, if you accrued fines due to the failure of a notice, or if you have any other questions, staff is available to speak with you during regular business hours by calling 1-408-808-2000 or visiting any San Jose Public Library Branch.
San José Public Library (SJPL)
- Chat with a Librarian
- Find a Branch Library
- Chat with a Tutor
- 5forU — Reading Recommendations
- Suggest Materials to Buy
- Dept. & Branch Managers
- SJPL Library Account
San José State Library (SJSU)