Q. I can't download an OverDrive eAudiobook to my iPhone
When I try to download an eAudiobook to the OverDrive app on my iPhone, I either can only download some parts, or I can't download at all! What's going on?
If you are having trouble downloading to your iOS device, try this:
- Open the OverDrive app and click on the three horizontal lines on the left side of the screen—this will open the menu.
- Scroll down a little bit and touch "Files".
- If there are parts of the eAudiobook downloaded to your device, click on the cover. If there is nothing there, move on to step 5.
- Touch "Delete all" at the bottom of the screen.
- Go back to the main menu.
- Scroll down a little bit and touch "Settings".
- Touch "Delete app cookies"—it's in light blue letters in the upper half of the screen. It will ask you to verify—go ahead and do so.
- Close the app and restart your device.
- Try downloading the item again.
If this doesn't correct the problem, try uninstalling and reinstalling the OverDrive app.
San Jose Public Library (SJPL)
- Chat with a Librarian
- Find a Branch Library
- Chat with a Tutor
- 5forU — Reading Recommendations
- Suggest Materials to Buy
- Dept. & Branch Managers
- SJPL Library Account
San Jose State Library (SJSU)