Q. What happened to my checked out books and holds at Enki?
I have several books check out and two on hold at Enki. When I logged into my account today, I found that they had all disappeared. It shows that I have nothing checked out and nothing on hold. I know that my account is ok, because I was just in my local branch and I got a new library card to replace my old one! Can you tell me what might have happened?
Unfortunately, Enki is one of the few eResources we have that requires a little bit of extra effort when you change your library card number. When you log in with a new library card, your information is pulled to Enki from your library record, but Enki does not associate it with your old card. That means that it creates a new account. That isn't really a problem if you don't have anything checked out, but it can be a problem if you do. There are a couple of things we can do to fix it:
1. You can contact us and we can ask Enki to merge your two accounts. If you have both library card numbers, this will be a lot easier for them to do.
2. If you have downloaded your items via Adobe Digital Editions you can return them there and then check them out again with your new account.
3. If you know your old library card number we can reinstate your account for long enough to check your books in so that you can check them out again with your new account.
4. You can place the items you had out on hold and wait for them to be available.
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us.
San José Public Library (SJPL)
- Chat with a Librarian
- Find a Branch Library
- Chat with a Tutor
- 5forU — Reading Recommendations
- Suggest Materials to Buy
- Dept. & Branch Managers
- SJPL Library Account
San José State Library (SJSU)