Q. When I tried to check out an item at Hoopla I get an error message
When I try to check out at Hoopla I get a message that says " Yikes! Something is wrong with your library card. Please double check your info in settings and if you still have issues contact your local library..." What does that mean?
That message at Hoopla usually means one of two things:
- You replaced your library card
- Your library card is expired
If you replaced your library card, you will need to manually change it in Hoopla. Go to Settings in the upper right corner and click on "Library Settings" on the upper right side of the screen. You will see your library card on this page. Erase the old number and put in the new one. Click on Save.
If your library card is expired, you will need to go into your closest branch library to get it updated. Make sure to take your card and a valid ID with your address on it when you go. Updating your card is quick and easy -- all you have to do is verify that the contact information we have for you is accurate. Once it's done, you wont' have to do it again for four years.
If you are using your barcode at Hoopla for the first time, you may need to create a new Hoopla account using an email address that you have not used at Hoopla with a card from another library system. Some patrons have experienced issues when trying to use a new library card with an existing Hoopla account.
There are occasionally exceptions to these solutions. If you are unable to get access to Hoopla after trying the above steps, please contact us using one of the methods below.
If you have questions about eResources, feel free to email us through the question form in the right side bar on this page, chat with us, or call 408-808-2104.
- I got that Yikes! message, talked for 30 minutes with library personnel but found no solution. Finally, I deleted the app and reinstalled it using a different email address (though same password, re-entered) and it worked. So the hint about a possible conflict with email addresses may be what happened, though I am not sure how.
- I tried to borrow a book on Hoopla and the same message is popping I don't think my card is expired what should I do?
San José Public Library (SJPL)
- Chat with Us
( Español | Tiếng Việt | 中文 )
- Find a Branch Library
- Chat with a Tutor
- 5forU — Reading Recommendations
- Suggest Materials to Buy
- Department & Branch Managers
- SJPL Library Account
San José State Library (SJSU)