Q. Why can't I download my Axis 360 eBook?
I checked out an eBook from Axis 360 and now I'm getting a message saying that I need a different app to read it. Help!
There are a few different choices you have to make about Axis 360 eBooks depending on how you checked them out.
- If you checked out through the library catalog:
When you check out through the library catalog, you are given a choice of two different formats to download. You should consider a couple of things before you choose. Are you going to be reading on a mobile device, or on a computer? Below we have broken down the choices:
- EPUB - can ONLY be read using an eReader like Adobe Digital Editions or the Bluefire reader. This is how you would read if you are planning to open the book on a laptop or desktop computer.
- Axis 360 - can ONLY be read using the Axis 360 app on a mobile device.
- if you checked out through the Axis 360 website in a browser:
You will have a chance to download the eBook when you check it out, but you should, again, consider where you are going to read. If you plan to read on the computer on which you checked out the book, go ahead and download at the time of check out. If you plan to read using the Axis 360 app, wait to download until you have the app open, and download from there.
- if you checked out through the Axis 360 app on a mobile device:
If you plan to read in the app, go ahead and download at the time of check out. If you plan to read on a different device or on a computer, wait to download until you get to that computer or device.
This can be very confusing. Please feel free to contact us through our email form or call 408-808-2104 if you need help or have questions.
- If I read the explanation correctly, I think the opening sentence should say "You may only read the ebook on ONE medium (mobile device, laptop, etc.), so decide which medium you want first. Then read on..."
- Nothing tells how to download to a computer, Nothing!
- Hi GMAN, thank you for your suggestion. We are in the process of updating this FAQ entry and will take your input into consideration for the newest version. - Megan Hicks, Electronic Resources Librarian
- Hi Mary, thank you for your feedback. We are in the process of updating this FAQ entry and will make sure to include more information on downloading Axis 360 eBooks in the newest iteration. - Megan Hicks, Electronic Resources Librarian
San José Public Library (SJPL)
- Chat with a Librarian
- Find a Branch Library
- Chat with a Tutor
- 5forU — Reading Recommendations
- Suggest Materials to Buy
- Dept. & Branch Managers
- SJPL Library Account
San José State Library (SJSU)