Q. How can I fix a E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12 error in Adobe Digital Editions?
If you receive an E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12 error in Adobe Digital Editions (ADE), this can usually be fixed by deauthorizing and then reauthorizing your copy of ADE on your computer with your Adobe ID.
How to Deauthorize ADE on Your Desktop Computer
1) Make sure ADE is open on your computer.
2) Press CTRL +Shift + D (the letter D) on your keyboard when using a Windows Computer. Note: For Macs, press Command+Shift+D.
3) A pop-up window should appear. Select your account from the Authorized Users drop down menu and then enter the account password.
4) Click the Continue button in the bottom right corner of the pop-up window.
5) On the next screen, verify that you want to deauthorize your software by clicking on the "Erase Authorization" button in the bottom right corner of the window.
6) Exit out of the screen by hitting the Okay button.
You will be prompted to reauthorize ADE again when you try opening your eBook again.
How to Authorize Your ADE Software
If you would like to reauthorize your copy of ADE before trying to open the eBook again, you can do so by following the initial steps you took to download the eBook.
1) With ADE open, click on the "Help" at the top of the program and click on "Authorize Computer..." from the drop down menu that appears.
2) Enter your Adobe ID and Password.
You should now be able to redownload your eBook and open it properly in Adobe Digital Editions. Please contact eResources support if you have additional issues or questions.
San José Public Library (SJPL)
- Chat with Us
( Español | Tiếng Việt | 中文 )
- Find a Branch Library
- Chat with a Tutor
- 5forU — Reading Recommendations
- Suggest Materials to Buy
- Department & Branch Managers
- SJPL Library Account
San José State Library (SJSU)