How can I get my preferred name added or changed if I already have a San José Public Library card membership account?


  • Bring your valid photo ID with you. Examples:
    • California driver’s license
    • Passport
    • Permanent resident ID
    • Employee ID
    • Student ID (for students in middle and high school)
  • Visit a library location.
  • Ask a staff member to add your preferred name.
  • They will request to see your photo ID, and then they can make the change.

Note: If you are younger than middle school, you will need to bring your parent/guardian with you to make the change.

  • Last Updated Jun 17, 2022
  • Views 6
  • Answered By Julie Oborny

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0 0